buying a new lc

2002 - 2009
Antworten
lcnewbie

buying a new lc

Beitrag von lcnewbie »

I am living in Germany and am interested in buying a land cruiser.  What can I expect at the dealer regarding price and haggling?  Do they offer incentives or discounts, and if so, how much?  Is there any price difference if one orders a land cruiser or buys one off the lot?  What experiences do people have?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Piotr

buying a new lc

Beitrag von Piotr »

@lcnewbie Welcome to this forum.
May I ask where in Germany you are living? THis would allow to point you to a dealer really familiar with LCs.
In terms of pricing I see two options: Firstly, you could buy an official Toyota Germany Version, as long you do not trade a used car 12% off German listprice should be possible. (In case the dealer has a pain with a car on stock may be more discount is possible).
Second: You can also buy a EU re-import which is considerably cheaper.
If you like: send me a message so we can connect by phone. Cheers.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
lcnewbie

buying a new lc

Beitrag von lcnewbie »

@Piotr
Thanks for the reply.  I am curious as to how car buying in Germany works.  Are there rules for haggling with dealers, or is there much haggling done at all?  I only ask because at one dealer I visited there was a model on the lot and I asked them to make an offer on it.  The offer was about 7% below list price.  This car has been on the lot for about 6 weeks.  To order a new one, equipped to personal specs would take about 3 months, they said.  I have been informed, the 'normal' discount could be around 10%, but maybe it varies by dealer.  Does this leave much room to haggle the price down?
Regarding EU re-imports, I have no experience with this option.  Do you know of any reputable companies?  Thanks!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Piotr

buying a new lc

Beitrag von Piotr »

Well, the possible discount varies from dealer to dealer. The dealers themselves do enjoy different levels of discounts form Toyota depending on the category they are in. There are major dealers ordering from Toyota direct and smaller ones ordering from the majors.
I have personal experiences with dealers one in southern Germany and one up north.
You may want to tell me which model you'd prefer like Shortwheelbase 3 door or Longwheelbase 5 door, which equipment level you'd like etc.
I can give you one sample regarding prices of re-imported LCs.
LC 'C' 5 door (thats the base model) in black with air condition,  electric sunroof, 100% differential lock at the rear axle, fog lamps, manual transmission,  spare wheel mounted under the vehicle, Wheels 265/70-17 is available for 33.000 Euro. Recommended Toyota sales price for that car would be around 40 K.
This is as much as I want to write on this, happy to discuss further details on the phone.
NOTE: I do not have any commercial interests in this, just to avoid misunderstanding!  :-)        

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Antworten

Zurück zu „Land Cruiser J12 / 120 Series“